Sugar Cookie Pizza
Oh my gosh, I can’t even explain how excited we are to share this Sugar Cookie Pizza with you.
As my oldest wrote on the rough draft of the recipe for this one – “this sugar cookie is absolutely incredibly awesomely amazing”. That is a direct quote!!
A soft buttery sugar cookie gets topped with melted milk chocolate and then topped again with colourful candies. Seriously, it can’t get better than this! This is a really yummy soft sugar cookie that has 3 huge pluses:
- You don’t have to roll this sugar cookie dough out and cut into shapes which saves time and fuss.
- One giant cookie is wayyyyy easier and quicker than making a bunch of cookies.
- It is a cookie that is the size of a 12-inch pizza – need I say more?
Ok, let’s talk a bit about the recipe itself. It is so very easy – a bonus when you are so busy at this time of year! Sugar Cookie Pizza is basically our regular sugar cookie recipe but with some cornstarch added. Why? Cornstarch is a thickener so this will prevent the cookie dough from spreading too much at the beginning of baking. That way, you will get a nice thickness on the cookie pizza and not have any of it spill over into your oven. Let’s avoid that awful mess, shall we?!
Sugar Cookie Pizza is the perfect dessert when you are looking for something that is a little different. Give this one a try and your dessert will stand out from all the others… in a good way!! We are so excited to see what candy decorations you come up with. Let us know in the comments what combos worked well for you, or post a picture of your creation on Instagram and tag us at #bakeforgranted!
- ¾ cup salted butter
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature if possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 and ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 and ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- your choice of candies for decorating
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Lightly grease a 12-inch pizza pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add both sugars and beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking powder and cornstarch until combined. On low speed, mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- Spread into prepared pan using a spatula or your hands.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until edges of the cookie are starting to turn a golden colour. Be careful not to overbake or cookie will crumble when you are cutting it.
- Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 2 minutes, then spread evenly. Immediately after spreading decorate with candies.
- Allow to cool completely at room temperature prior to cutting. Cut into pizza slices and enjoy!