Oatmeal Cookies are a classic. Packed with oatmeal, raisins and chocolate chips, these Oatmeal Cookies are a crowd-pleaser!
We were looking over our past posts and couldn’t believe that we had yet to post Oatmeal Cookies! We shared yummy Oatmeal Squares, but not a classic Oatmeal Cookie. Well, today is the day and these ones are a winner!
Our version of Oatmeal Cookies are soft and chewy. They are also super-simple to make – and easier to eat! Perfect on their own any time of day or dipped into a tall glass of milk.
Made with simple ingredients that you likely have on hand, these come together quickly. We love Oatmeal Cookies chock full of raisins and chocolate chips, but feel free to mix these up with whatever you enjoy in a cookie. So go ahead and gather up your ingredients and start baking!!
- ½ cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature preferred
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup quick rolled oatmeal
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Place a sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add both sugars and beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, oats and baking powder until combined. On low speed, mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until everything is combined. With a wooden spoon, stir in raisins and chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into 1 inch sized balls and place them 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet, flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until the edges turn very light brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.