Nutella Stuffed Cookies
Yes, you read the title right – Nutella Stuffed Cookies. Yes, they are as good as they sound. Yes, it is o.k. to be an adult and freakin’ love Nutella and cookies.
So, Nutella is a dangerous thing for me. I buy it “for the kids” but come on, who can resist the creamy hazelnut spread? Not me. I could eat it by the spoonful, shameful, I know.
It’s no secret that we love cookies. Baking them, eating them, talking about them, you name it. You now know my secret (or not so secret) obsession with Nutella. Rather than eating the jar by the spoonful (no judgements please!) we made some cookies. Nutella Stuffed Cookies are a soft and chewy sugar cookie wrapped around a glorious drop of gooey Nutella. These will send you into a cookie-eating frenzy for sure.
The trick to these is to freeze the little drops of Nutella before trying to wrap the cookie dough around them. Freezing the Nutella makes these cookies easy to put together and will be sure to impress your friends and family!
You must try these Nutella Stuffed Cookies. They are an easy way to take a regular old cookie to an amped up level!
- 24 tablespoons Nutella – frozen
- 1 cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature if possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Drop tablespoons of Nutella on prepared sheet. Freeze for 2 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350F (177C). Chop hazelnuts and spread on baking sheet. Bake for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
- Meanwhile place a sheet of parchment paper on baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter on medium speed until smooth and creamy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar and beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla and mix on medium speed until well combined, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- In a separate bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and cornstarch until combined. On low speed, mix the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until everything is combined.
- To assemble cookies, take Nutella drops out of freezer. Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and flatten slightly. Place a Nutella crop in the centre and wrap dough around ensuring Nutella is completely covered. Place cookie dough 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheet. Top each cookie with some chopped hazelnuts. Bake for 12 minutes, or until cookies starting to brown on the edges. Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack and allow to cool completely.