Chocolate Celebration Cheesecake
Cake tends to go hand in hand with celebrations. Our Chocolate Celebration Cheesecake is a real showstopper.
This gorgeous rich chocolate cheesecake is perfect for any special occasion.
Chocolate graham crumbs and chocolate cheese filling team up with maraschino cherries in this incredible dessert. Don’t be intimidated, this is not a complicated dessert to make and the results are decadent! Let’s walk through it together so you can see how easy it is to make a wonderful cheesecake from scratch. Trust us – you can handle this one!
O.k., first things first. Just look at this cheesecake. It is layers of chocolatey goodness. The easy chocolate graham crumb crust chills out in the refrigerator while you make the filling. The key to the filling is making sure that each step gets well mixed. Don’t stop mixing your cheese and sugar until all of the lumps of cheese are gone. It should be nice and smooth. Mix the eggs in one at a time. This allows you to make sure that the eggs get properly incorporated. Then finally the vanilla, cherry juice, chocolate and yogurt. This one is easy. Just keep your mixer on until the batter turns an even brown colour – then you know that the chocolate is completely mixed in. See – it’s easy peasy right?!
Prior to serving, you can freestyle your decorations. We went with simple rosettes of whip cream topped with cherries. You could also add shaved white chocolate for a nice contrast. Use your imagination!
Trust us on this one – you must make this Chocolate Celebration Cheesecake. Whip one up for Easter dinner this weekend. It is dense, rich and decadent – a chocoholics dream!
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons salted butter, divided
- 2 cups chocolate graham crumbs or ground chocolate wafers
- 2 packages (250 grams each) of cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 5 tablespoons cherry juice, divided
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, divided
- 1 cup vanilla flavoured yogurt
- ⅔ cup quartered maraschino cherries
- whip cream
- Preheat oven to 325F (163C). Lightly grease a 9-inch spring form pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl using a wooden spoon combine ¼ cup of melted butter and graham crumbs. Press into bottom and up sides of prepared pan and refrigerate until filling is prepared.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-low speed until creamy. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary. On medium speed mix in 1 and ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract, 3 tablespoons of cherry juice, 6 ounces of melted semi-sweet chocolate and yogurt until combined. Using a wooden spoon, gently stir in the cherries until just combined. Pour into the chilled crust.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes, or until the middle is no longer jiggly. Turn oven off, leave cake inside the oven with the oven door open for 1 hour.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a 1.5-quart heavy duty saucepan over low heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate and 2 tablespoons of cherry juice. Stir continuously until melted and smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
- Pour cool glaze over cooled cake. Run a sharp knife around the outside of the cake to loosen from the ring of the pan and then remove the ring. Chill well before serving.
- To serve, pipe whip cream rosettes around outside of the cake and one in the middle. Top each rosette with a cherry.