Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies are as good as they sound! A soft and chewy chocolate cookie stuffed with pecans, chunks of caramel and milk chocolate chips. How can you resist?
Here is the story behind these Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies. We were skiing this past winter and went into the coffee hut to warm up. I never buy baked goods when we are out because I make and eat enough at home! However, this was an exception. When we walked in we were greeted with the delicious aroma of cookies that had just come out of the oven. We asked ‘what is that smell?’!! Chocolate caramel cookies was the response. After one bite, I knew we would be trying to re-create these delectable cookies.
Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies are soft and chewy – almost brownie-like. We used Kraft caramels and cut each square caramel into 4 pieces. On our second round of creating this one we added milk chocolate chips. We thought more chocolate may be too much when we first made these, but they aren’t!
If you can grab a few of these when they are still warm and melty out of the oven, they are AMAZING! They are really good at room temperature too, but warm is truly the best. The chocolate chips and caramel just ooze with each bite – drooling! We have warmed them up in the microwave and there is no shame in that!
These Chocolate Caramel Pecan Cookies must go on your bucket list. However, we do encourage you to try them soon because we are pretty sure they will become a regular at your house like they have at ours!
- ½ cup salted butter, softened to room temperature
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature if possible
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk, any kind
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup chopped caramels
- Preheat oven to 375F (190C). Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
- In a large bowl using a handheld mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars on medium speed until smooth. Add egg, vanilla and milk and beat on medium speed until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder and soda. Beat on medium speed until incorporated, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. With a wooden spoon, mix in chocolate chips, pecans and caramels until evenly incorporated. The dough will be quite stiff.
- Roll dough into balls and place 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake cookies for about 10 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on parchment-lined pan.